Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Meetup?
Torgo
Administrator
Send Message
Post Meetup?
on: June 24, 2013, 10:37

I get in on Thursday. Anyone want to meet-up?

Location?

We'll probably shoot for Thursday night, but Friday is a possibility as well. Thoughts?

BSchmittah
PSOne Level User
Send Message
Post Re: Meetup?
on: June 24, 2013, 10:55

I'll be there. I get in Thursday morning, so either night is good

jase52476
PSOne Level User
Send Message
on: June 24, 2013, 14:02

I suppose you guys are going to look for something downtown?
Just let me know when/where and I can meet you guys. There is some new place downtown that has 99 beers on tap (http://www.yelp.com/biz/tap-house-grill-seattle-3) I've never been there, but wanted to try it sometime.

If you're willing to explore, there's an awesome little place by my house called "Chuck's Hop Shop" or "Chuck's 85th," and it has a lot of really great specialty beers there. You can catch a single bus to get there and back (takes maybe 30 mins or so) from 3rd Ave and Pine St. it's about $2.50 each way. Public transit is really safe and convenient here, so don't let it throw you off. Chuck's has 30 rotating taps (rotate daily or more than once a day) and usually have a food truck there out front. http://www.yelp.com/biz/chucks-hop-shop-seattle#query:chucks%2085th
Their tap list is updated here http://www.chucks85th.com/

And Glenn, there's this place just for you that has 1/2 price Absinth every Thursday. It's a pretty cool bar and has some good food (French food); you'd have to take a bus there from the same location to get to Chucks. http://www.yelp.com/biz/gainsbourg-seattle

Anyway, let me know. I'm sure you guys would want to stay in the downtown area, but it's super easy to get to those 2 places if you want to see a bit more of Seattle while you're here.

Torgo
Administrator
Send Message
on: June 24, 2013, 16:56

Well, I'm not staying downtown, but we'd probably try to stay in that area since teh people coming to PAX would be there. What does everyone else think?

CodeNameVi-
i
PS2 Level User
Send Message
on: June 24, 2013, 22:47

I think doing something downtown would be the easiest for everyone that is attending PAX. I personally can't think of a good place to do anything without a little research. I might need to ask a few friends who do things downtown a lot. I'll be at PAX all four days to help post for the site and hangout.

Glenn if you want to venture out anytime just let me know and I'll get my chauffeur hat out :)

SEN:CodeNameVii

Torgo
Administrator
Send Message
on: June 25, 2013, 13:26

That Taphouse Grill looks like it could be the winner. The menu looks great, the location works well, and even prices seem pretty decent.

JaguarCRO
PS2 Level User
Send Message
on: June 25, 2013, 17:17

I will be there starting on Wednesday for PAXDev. Definitely looking for any other PSNation fans. My friends and I are staying at the homewood suites downtown near the convention center.

x_Orion_x
PSOne Level User
Send Message
on: June 28, 2013, 23:39

Taphouse Grill is excellent. I've been there a few times with groups and we always enjoyed it. Count me in.

JaguarCRO
PS2 Level User
Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 22:25

I have passed by the Taphouse grill several times but I have never eaten there. It looks like a good place though. Count me in as well.

Torgo
Administrator
Send Message
on: July 1, 2013, 23:29

Woohoo!!

Pages: [1] 2
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.147 seconds.
zv7qrnb