Zen Studios Reveals Another New Title – ‘CastleStorm’
After joining us last week to reveal ‘KickBeat’, Zen Studios felt that wasn’t enough and decided to finally show us yet another new title that they been working on for some time. ‘CastleStorm’ blends a number of elements seen in other games, but with a unique blend of RTS, physics-based combat, magic, and yeah, even a touch of Angry Birds. The folks at Zen Studios showed us a video preview of this game last year, and it’s improved many times over since then. Check the trailer out, then listen to Episode 270 hitting later today for even more information on this and some new details on Zen Pinball 2. We’ll be playing this at E3, so expect even more information and even some hands-on impressions in Episode 271, straight from E3.
Developer: Zen Studios
Publisher: Zen Studios
Platform: CastleStorm is being developed for a variety of digital platforms including console, gaming handheld, mobile and PC.
Release: TBD 2012
Two opposing castles (the player’s and the enemy’s) combat one other. Each side has a collapsible castle and fortifications and an army that attacks the opposing castle. While the specific objective varies from level to level, destruction of the enemy’s castle and troops via the projectile launcher is the primary gameplay mechanic.
The game challenges both dexterity and mind. The player must have a steady but quick hand to fire accurate shots at a fast pace. The player must decide when it is appropriate to use different ammo types to best accomplish goals. The player must also prioritize short and long-term goals within the current level, with the need to play offensively or defensively changing from moment to moment. Since each level has its own structure and goals, strategic gameplay remains varied and challenging.
CastleStorm represents a new breed of tower defense warfare, combining elements of real time
strategy, resource management, and a beautiful blend of challenging gameplay scenarios.
Multiplayer battles and Co-op play! CastleStorm features multiple modes of multiplayer action for both local and online play
- 1 vs. 1 split-screen mode, simply try and beat your opponent
- Competitive multiplayer: rank up, battle for gold, and upgrade your army, castle and gears to become the ruler of online battlefields.
- Co-op survival: team up with a friend and fight off endless waves of enemies together!
- CastleStorm features a tower construction editor that allows players to construct their own custom castles that will be used in battle. Castles must be constructed wisely, as choices determine which types of troops and resources will be available during battle!
- Twelve incredibly beautiful environments and immersive storyline, in stunning stereoscopic 3D. Sir Gareth leads his troops into battle against the raging Vikings to recover the stolen gem and bring peace to the realm!
- Multiple paths to victory – you can choose how to defeat your enemy. Capture the flag, destroy their castle, or complete another predetermined level objective in order to claim victory. Each level features multiple objectives, each with their own rewards!
An arsenal that would make any medieval warrior proud! Harness the power of medieval ballista weaponry, and launch an assortment of explosive weapons including Morningstars, Apple Grenades, Homing Eagles, and even flying sheep to defeat an onslaught of enemies trying to capture your flag and destroy your castle. Deploy a fearsome ground attack of swordsmen, knights, and donkey riders in order to protect your castle games, and if all else fails, call upon powerful spells to help keep the enemy at bay.
You’ve won the battle, now power up so you can win the war! As you power up in CastleStorm, new weapons and troop classes become available for use in battle.
(Apologies for the 360 screenshots, those responsible will be flogged)